As Historians in our school, we would like our learners to:
- develop their knowledge and understanding of people, events and contexts from a range of historical periods, including significant events in Britain’s past;
- understand how the past influences the present and what they learn through history can influence their decisions about personal choices, attitudes and values.
- think critically, reflect, debate, discuss and evaluate the past by formulating and refining questions and lines of enquiry
- use and understand chronological vocabulary in historical contexts.
- develop a sense of curiosity about the past and how and why people interpret the past in different ways.